Sunday, February 1, 2009

Supper Bowl Sunday and Felt Food

No it's not a misprint. We call it Supper Bowl Sunday here... Depending on the team playing. This year, I'm just not interested but it is always a chance to make some great food. I ventured out to Church today and didn't realize how much it was going to take out of me. I spent the rest of the day on the couch. I managed a few minutes to put this great sandwich together. Larry grilled some chicken and I made a sauce to go on it out of horseradish, dijon and mayo. It also had prociutto ham, provolone, fresh mozzarella, parsley and roasted red peppers. Larry did the grocery shopping for me yesterday and picked up a great crusty bread to go with the sandwich. Totally delish!
YUUUMMMM!
Here are Pete and Stewie getting ready for bed. We've been wanting to get a huge bed for them but haven't had the money. We had a crib mattress that was well worn out-heck it didn't owe us a thing since we've had it for almost 12 years since Patrick was a baby. We've used it for sleep overs and ahem... trampolines. Hubby was going to throw it out but Stewie decided to lay on it on the kitchen floor. We covered it in with an old comforter and the dogs love it! Voila! Recycled dog bed. Oh and we just painted our bedroom (ok it still needs another coat) with the color you see on the wall. I love the color-it's called LinenTweed or something like that. Kinda mustardy and earthy. All the colors I love.
I'm totally in love with the cute felt food patterns I've been finding. Aren't these the cutest pop-tarts you've ever seen?
These didn't photograph well but they are apple halves. Tae told me to put a nose and mouth on it. Still have to perfect this pattern.

LOVE my bacon and eggs! Even the bacon is crinkled.


How about some pizza with green peppers and mushrooms?

Or some fortune cookies for dessert?

Or maybe sweet Valentine sugar cookies? I'm hoping to make somemore of these and perhaps sell them. I also tried my hand this weekend at making some beaded easter eggs but had a lot of problems with the shell cracking. So more practice with those.

No comments: