- Cover the bottom of an aluminum pie plate with the plastic bugle beads.
- Heat in 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes. Turn over a round ceramic bowl or metal mixing bowl that is loosely covered with foil.
- When cool, take the plastic flat discs and turn them onto the foil covered bowls. Foil can be shaped to give bowl some fluted edges if desired.
- Replace in 375 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes. Use for trinkets and such.
These gourds are drying in my laundry room. I had a gourd crop of about 15 gourds this year, some big and some small. There are many methods to drying gourds. One way is to poke holes in the bottom but I have found that the liquid that drains out makes a mess and stinks. And yes, that is mold growing on the gourds and it's harmless. The gourds take 5 or 6 months to dry so this isn't a project that can be hurried. The mold makes these beautiful intricate patterns on the gourds and sands off easily when the gourd is dry.
My hope is that they will look like this when done.Gorgeous.