Saturday, February 14, 2009

Best Brownie Recipe Ever

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone ! I had a really nice day. My husband ran out this morning and did all the errands for me. I made a yummy baked stuffed shrimp dinner with crab stuffing a homemade fresh green salad with arugula and the dressing was balsamic dijon. My husband surprised me with lovely flowers and some wine for dinner. I've been tweaking my recipes lately and thought I would post the ultimate brownie recipe. I was getting tired of dried out brownies or the ones that claimed to be chewy on the inside only to be undercooked with hard crispy edges. If you love chocolate you will die for this recipe. I'm quite proud of it. It makes fudgy brownies with perfect edges and there is no raw dough taste to it.
Just a Hint of Mint Fudge Brownies with Raspberry Sauce

Ingredients:

  • 4 (1 ounce) squares of unsweetened chocolate
  • 1 cup of butter (2 sticks)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup cooled brewed coffee
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon vermouth
  • 1 teaspoon of mint extract or creme dementhe
  • 1 1/2 cups of fresh raspberries plus 1/2 cup of sugar plus 1/2 cup water.
  • powdered sugar

Directions:

In small saucepan over low heat, combine raspberries, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water. Mash berries slightly and heat until sugar is disolved and sauce is slightly thickened. Set aside.

In another saucepan combine chocolate squares and butter. Heat over low flame until melted and stir in Vermouth and coffee. Cool slightly and set aside. While cooling add to this mixture about 1/2 of the above raspberry sauce to chocolate and add the mint extract. Stir completely.

In mixer, beat eggs until pale yellow. Add sugar and continue beating until glossy. Mix in flour, and salt. Slowly add chocolate mix to dry ingredients in mixer and beat thoroughly. Spread mixture in a 9 by 13 inch greased and floured pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool completely before cutting.

Use rest of Raspberry sauce over top of brownies, dust with confectioner sugar.



Completely decadent and delicious.

Enjoy

No comments: