Sunday, November 30, 2008

Black Friday

weekly hits
DuraSoft 3 Litetint


My husband was off from work on Friday so I decided to do some Christmas shopping. I am so not the 5 am riser and did manage to make it to the stores by 9am. I had a coupon for Toys-R-US so I thought I would start there and make my way down the strip. My first clue should have been that I had to park in the lot behind the store. I didn't even know that there was a lot there. I walked into the store and it was beyond packed. They had people in every aisle lined up to check out. I couldn't even get to the things I wanted to look at because people were standing there waiting in line. One woman brought a book and was reading it while she waited. When I inquired how long of a wait the clerk said "probably an hour and a half". No thanks-I'll come back another time. Honestly, I was panic stricken in there. There was no room to move and I'm sure if there had been a fire that no one would have gotten out. How they would allow such a packed capacity is beyond me. I left and went and did my shopping elsewhere.

We were supposed to go to the Alpaca farm today but it was hailing and snowing this morning. Really annoyed me as I hate the icky weather. But it gave me time to clean my desk and prepare for the parents planning meeting.
I love my group of parents and kids that I see every week. They always continue to inspire me, have great ideas and are so non-judgemental. We had a great discussion about unschooling, what works and doesn't work for us and although we all had different methods, in the end we were all reassured that we need to do what works for our family. There were some great suggestions, some fears and some great confidence. We had 8 mom's at the meeting-such a great turnout. I have meeting minutes to compile and some laundry to finish. My youngest is having a "sleepover" in my daughters room tonight. He's very excited. I think he just wants to get out of the mess in his room. But no matter-he is happy.

1 comment:

Kat said...

You are very brave to have entered toys r us at 9am on Black Friday!!! You couldn't pay me to do that.