Thursday, September 11, 2008

Can You Hear Me Now part 2

One full day at work for Larry. I called him a few times to check in. I wish I was a fly on the wall today-just watching him hear all the new things for the first time. He set the alarm off at his work and discovered it was not pleasant. Paper rustling, footsteps, his office chair creaking, the overhead fan, his keyboard tapping away. So many sounds that we take for granted he is just discovering.
I can only imagine... the hiss of the coffee machine, the rustle of the leaves in the tree when we came home, the blinkers in his car clicking away. It's almost like watching a toddler discover life around him.
Tonight I caught him rubbing his feet on the floor...listening to the swish. It is hard work he tells me. It is exhausting and exhilarating work!
Larry was in a meeting today and it was fairly quiet, he was starting to notice the voices were different and not so Daffy Duck like.
He has not mentioned the tinnitus at all. I don't know if that is because it is gone or because he's preoccupied with his new ears.
I think for once I'm speechless. I sit in quiet awe of him.

No comments: