- "What is that gray, gunky stuff?"
- This is crazy. "Yes, but a good crazy, not crazy, crazy. "
- Oooooohhhhh, I love meatballs!"
- "Why does Santa look so familiar?"
- "Where did Santa park his sleigh?"
- "He doesn't use his sleigh until Christmas. I think he hitchhiked."
- "How does that big belly fit down the chimney?"
- "My mom never let's me drink soda."
- "Are we only allowed one helping?, because that's all my mom allows."
- "Beans make your farts stink."
- "I hope they paid the dishwasher good 'cause she's gonna be here all night."
And lastly, I find that the kids always have the spirit of the season down and understood long before adults seem to get it. There was a small boy, maybe 6 or 7 sitting close to us when we were eating. I watched him fill 2 plates full of food and eat everything. He filled his plate for the third time and as I was helping to clear dishes I saw him with his head down and almost tearful. I asked him if he was ok and he said, "Jesus taught us to only take what we need. I have filled my plate too full and cannot finish it."
I told him that that was a very important lesson but perhaps Jesus brought us all here tonight with all of this food and friends so that our bellies and hearts can be full.
"Yes", he said. "I think that is it-thank you."
And just so you know, no my kids don't always behave at church. Take a peek at these two pictures that my husband snapped while I was clearing dishes.Yes, it is a wrestling match and it appears that my youngest is winning.