Thursday, October 2, 2008

Where Have I Been?


This is a puppy from NEADS.

It has been difficult few days. We are gearing up for our fundraiser this Saturday and I've been running errands all week. We still have the helium tank to pick up for the balloon centerpieces, run to the bank for cash for the auction and a few odds and ends to finish up. Tomorrow-Larry and I will travel up to NEADS to finalize details for the fundraiser.



We are however, very worried about his mom who is fighting very hard to overcome her illness. It is a hard time of year as the anniversary date of my own mom's passing is at the end of the month. It's been hard coping and difficult for me to be there for Larry. He gets it though.

It will be sad without her at the fundraiser and we wonder if we will even be able to attend the event ourselves. I spoke with the NEADS team and they assured me that even in our absence they would run the fundraiser for us. I was crying. We have such deep gratitude for everyone's generosity. From the ticket sales, to the auction donations, to the volunteers who have offered to help-we have been surrounded by love and friendship even through the most difficult of times.

I had a little reprieve last night when I was able to go with my friend Sue. I met her a few short months ago when she and her son came to our homeschool group. Sue and I did a little shopping and then went to TGIF's for a margarita and some girl talk. It was good to be out and not have to think about how crazy it's been.

No comments: