Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Emporer's New Clothes

Well really it should say, The Empresse's New Clothes. Did you ever buy something really cheap that you just love? I made my weekly trek to a local discount store this week. What caught my eye? A really fuzzy, pink robe with a zipper up the front. It was only $15.00- a total bargain. Especially since my old robe had seen better days. Stains, a few pulled threads, a few snags.
So what-it's kind of matronly but I love this robe. It's perfect after a shower, the jacuzzi or just lounging around the house. Today it was almost noon and I realized I was still wearing it. Yes, I showered-I was just busy with house chores and homeschooling and answering emails and realized it was still on.

It's not such a bad thing. It's my new comfort item and yes, every adult should have a comfort item be it a cup of coffee, a blanket, prayer beads or the warm fire. And did I mention that this robe was perfect for lounging in front of the fire? This robe envelopes me and I snuggle in to it with ease. Perhaps, it is not the robe. Perhaps it is the thoughts of family that make me feel the same way as this fuzzy, pink concoction of fabric. Perhaps.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am insanely jealous of your fuzzy pink robe! It sounds divine. The kind of thing we should all have to snuggle into -
I'm going out to find me one of those rosy, cozy robes!!