Thursday, April 9, 2009

Planting Daffodils

I was going through my seed stash and realized I had some Daffodil bulbs from last year. They came free with an order of plants. The package of 6 bulbs was pretty pathetic looking. Two of the bulbs were dry and crumbly and couldn't be saved. These four had some green sprouts on them and since my potting soil was already sitting on my counter, I decided to plant them to see if they could be resurrected.


This used to be one of my favorite pots. I've had it for many
years and it used to have a lid...and a handle and I think it was a bean pot in it's former life.
Now it has a big crack down the side.
But I can't bear to get rid of this stone pot. It has the cute cows on the
front and is so heavy and very inviting and makes me smile. So I got out my superglue and
patched up the crack and threw in a plastic tupperware container so it
wouldn't leak everywhere. Maybe it will bless me with some beautiful indoor blooms.

3 comments:

Shari Lyle-Soffe said...

The daffodils look very promising to me. Love the pot. What would we do without old Tupperware to save the day?

Shari
http://sharilyle-soffe.com

The Mom said...

Thanks Shari,
I'm not so sure about 2 of the daffodils-but we'll see.
Bev

Garden State Kate said...

Good Luck!
Love that crock.