Monday, March 23, 2009

Sunday Hike

Blogger didn't want to play last night so I wasn't able to post these. The DH took the kids on a hike yesterday to a place called Rattlesnake Ledge. There are no rattlesnakes so I'm not really sure how it got it's name. I stayed home because watching the kids climb those high rocks gives me chest pain and I'm not fun because I'm to paranoid that they will fall. I'm realistic about that. And don't tell me to get over it because it's a mother's perogative! So just enjoy the pictures and let me have my worry moments.
Cool fungus on a tree.

An Old foundation that the kids found. I wonder what spirits live here?

View through the trees.

Found Treasures.

Falling off the mountain.
Holding up the mountain. Goofy kids.

At the Summit

Pete and Stewie having a rest from all of their running.

The little man at the top. Chest pain, chest pain, chest pain.

Help, I've fallen and can't get up. And a picture of the dog's butt.

Hah! Just kidding.

A cool log. Notice how green the little tree is to the bottom left of the log. Spring is Here!

Little man walking the path.

This wasn't on the hike but in our backyard. More climbing. My smallest child learned to climb the tree into the tree fort/ledge. Chest pain, chest pain, chest pain.
When did he get so big?

2 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

I hear you sista!!
I love the packs on the dogs!

The Mom said...

We put canned food in the packs. Not to eat but to give the dogs more weight to carry for a better workout. It doesn't stop them. They run like maniacs.
Bev