Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lot's of Free Stuff Shopping Today!

Today was the last day for us to get 30% off at CVS so of course I ran back today because I forgot some things yesterday. Like razors. Geez, they're expensive-way expensive. I did spend a lot today at CVS because of that and I didn't have any coupons for the razors either. Arrggghhh. But all of the stuff you see below, I got for free today either using some really great coupons, ECB's and the 30% discount. Some of these were from Stop and shop also.


The shave gel was free with the purchase of the Mach 3 and Venus razors. The men's fusion shave cream would have been $4.59 and the Satin care was $3.29. The Pantene hair spray I got free using a coupon after buying shampoo and conditioner. That was $3.50. Wheat thins were BOGO at CVS.
Colgate toothpaste had a special going on. I found a 2 pack of 12 oz toothpaste for $5.99. I was able to use 2 coupons for $2.00 off each one even tho' it was a double pack. That brought the price down to $1.99. With the 30% discount it brought it down to $1.39 for two tubes.
The Q-tips were $3.39 each (I bought two=$6.78)minus the 30% discount=$4.75 and I had a $1/1 coupon=$3.75.
I also had $7.00 in ECB's to use and got another $7.00 today.
Irish spring shower gel was a good deal today too. It was on sale for $4.99 and get back $4.99 in ECB's. I also had a coupon for $1.00 off. So essentially I got one free and paid $3.99 for the other one.
I also did fairly well at Stop and Shop. While my bill started out at $180.26 I was able to get it down to $144.79 just in coupons. With store discounts I saved another $26.19. Since I usually don't buy produce at Stop and Shop that increased my bill quite a bit. We missed the wholesaler this week when my husband took the day off from work. I'm definitely doing better on coupons averaging about $35-$40 a week now as opposed to the $7.00 a week I used to do.
The price of cheese is also killing me. I buy good cheese so perhaps that is my splurge. The kids put grated parmesan on just about everything and I refuse to buy the Kraft garbage in the can. There are some things that I won't compromise on.

This is another pantry drawer that I cleaned out. It is all cake mixes and brownie mix that I got on sale 10/$10 and with various coupons. Our pantry is getting very well stocked. I'm excited about all the changes I've made and how much money I'm saving.


No comments: