Thursday, February 25, 2010

Post Valentine's Day

Our homeschool group met last week and created some lovely crafts.

Okay so this wasn't part of the crafts. But I made 5 quarts of homemade trailmix for snacking.
Oats, dried tropical fruits, raisins, chocolate chips, cranberries, dried blueberries, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, peanuts and a few had mint chocolate chips (the kids request).
Doesn't it look yummy?

Back to homeschool. I really need to change out this Halloween tablecloth.
Is there nothing prettier than pink and red Valentine crafts?

Okay well maybe pastelly sticky flowers.

The kids made holders for their Valentines.

And did some weaving of placemats in Valentine colors.

Em wore bobbly Valentine Antenae.
I love the pretty plates.

Conversation hearts.
Did you try to make a sentence out of these when you were young?
It was hard to do.
Newly loved Teddy Bears and Hershey Cherry Cordials made a visit too.
Although the kisses didn't stick around for very long.

I have a penchant for candy bracelets and necklaces.
Yo-yo's...not so much.
And Smarties. I love Smarties.....
Hope your Valentine's Day was spent with love and laughter!


2 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

Looks like great fun! I have missed you..trying to get back to blogging
here in the Garden State.
Hope all is well!

The Mom said...

Oh Thanks Kate-I have been neglecting my blog too. So busy these days trying to keep up.
Bev