Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Not the End of Summer Bash


I am always amazed at my homeschool group. Each week we have some "regulars" return but always have a few new faces. Today we had 3 new families come. It was our first annual Not the End of Summer Bash. Since I've been housebound and unable to drive, it was a treat for me today to talk with adults.

We had 8 parents today and 20 kids! Really great and have had a lot of interest in the group. I get about 1 new member a week. I'm hoping more parents will become involved and plan some activities for the kids. Maybe story time, build a worm farm, some science experiments, book clubs etc. There are so many possibilites for enriching our kids. Just look at this cutie in the picture. Future homeschooler in the works!

Over the past months I've been contemplating starting my own homeschool consulting business. I'm home most of the time so this would be easy and I just completed a packet for new homeschoolers in Rhode Island. Oprah said to find something you love and that should be your career. Not those exact words but something like that. It's been a long time since I've been able to watch Oprah. It's difficult for me to pick up hours at the hospital. Finding a babysitter for 3 kids while I work and to have to pay them is just so difficult. I need to find something that will allow me to be home and have access to my computer. We'll see. Time will tell.

The chickens need to go to bed, the kids need baths and I'm exhausted. More tomorrow.

No comments: