Friday, January 28, 2011

More Snow

We had another snow storm the other night.
It added another 14 inches of snow on top of the 24 inches we already had.

My Christmas wreath sure does look pretty though.
I should probably take that down at some point.
The kids and the neighbors decided to do some snowfort making on
the huge mound of snow in front of our house.

They dug a whole in the top.

I went out and took some pictures while they completed their project.
My patio table looks like a big cupcake.

The kids were still working and shoooed me away.

They dug a tunnel through the snow.
After a few hours of work they broke through.
I could tell by all the whooping and yelling.
They rock.

Our gutters are very heavy with ice and snow.
I hope they don't pull off.

See how much snow we have?
This is the path to the chicken coop.

And our picnic table can't be seen from the deck on the back of the house.

Even the tire swing was grounded in snow.

The chickens did not want to go out and play.
On a brighter note, most of them have regrown their feathers after moulting.
Perhaps now you can lay me some eggs girls?
Chippy says no.

Looking from the coop back to the house.

The shed is not yet dug out.

My four foot garden fence is about 2 feet tall now.

And that's our pool. It's also 4 feet deep.
Or it used to be before we got 3 feet of snow.

The kids played outside all day.
This sidewalk used to be shoveled.

Morgan used to have a lower body.

Getting out of the tunnel took a bit of effort.

Push Morgan! Push!

Who else is in there?

I think he needs some help.

It's Pooh Bear-stuck in the hole!

No, it's just Tae!

He was laughing so hard the other kids had to pull him out.

We may have lost a few in there somewhere.

It took a lot of searching.

Till finally they thought it was a lost cause.

And the thoughts of hot chocolate filled their heads instead.

And half a body came out the top of the hole and half a body came out of the bottom of the hole. Things were quite a mess.

Or so it seemed.

How much snow are you buried in?

1 comment:

Sara said...

All I can say is WOW.