Monday, March 15, 2010

Wheat Berry Salad and Bruchetta

We went to the Farmer's Market this weekend.
I shouldn't be allowed in Farmer's Markets.
I found some wonderful things and tasted
every sample of cheese they had.
Then I bought a roasted red pepper, arugula, and mozzarella sandwich on some
french crusty artisan bread. It had a horseradish dressing.
I was very happy.
I bought Goat's milk cheese that they called Houligan.
I have no idea why.
But it was delicious.
Oh and fresh Mozzarella.
And a Stilson blue cheese.
And Sunflower sprouts-bye-bye mung bean sprouts.
You have been replaced by sunflower sprouts.

I'm pretty sure that Arugula is my new favorite food.
I kept ripping off leaves from the bag in the refrigerator and
nibbling on them. Yep, Arugula.
I made some Bruchetta on some Sour Dough bread that I bought too.
Arugula, tomatoes, olive oil a little salt and pepper.
And Mozzarella.
Did I mention that the Mozzarella was delicious?

Today I made Ina Garten's Wheat Berry Salad.
The recipe called for Feta....but I used Mozzarella.
It's only right.
Then I added some fresh mint, parsley and...
some more Mozzarella.

Tae ate 3 bowls of the Wheat Berry Salad.
He like the Mozzarella best.

Springtime is inspiring.
I wonder if I can grow Mozzarella in my garden?



No comments: