Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

We spent the Fourth of July with some church friends. We shared a meal and dessert first. They live on the water and we were able to go out in their boat and watch the fire works right over the water. What a lovely evening. I never realized how loud fireworks are until you are right under them.
I did manage to forget my camera but had my cellphone. The pictures aren't great and don't really capture the beauty of the explosions.
We left the dock around 8:30 and the sun was just beginning to set. Gorgeous sky and weather.

Wispy Clouds and tangerine sky as the sun set beyond us.

The husband and daughter sat up front. There was much glare from the sunset.

Such beauty.

And the colors were amazing.

Chrysanthemums.


We were very close the barge that lit the fireworks. Did I mention they were loud?

Just Gorgeous. I really wish this one came out clearer.

And this one too. It was like a fountain spray.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend.

No comments: